Author Topic: poker advice  (Read 3856 times)

Offline tinheads

• The Forum Jester
  • KINGS
  • Quads
poker advice
« on: July 21, 2007, 12:06:49 AM »
lets hear about your favourite poker games
I'm still a newbie to poker so i'm still learning all the other games apart from NL Holdem
so whats your advice for playing Omaha, Stud, Stud 8, 5 Card Draw, Razz

Offline jolub

• KINGS
  • Trips
Re: poker advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
I wish I had some.  I came here to learn from you.

Offline jsaw

• KINGS
  • High
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:41:39 AM »
tinheads you little devil - like you need advice - your remind me of a wolf in sheep's clothing -lol.

Offline SharBear613

• QNK Cheerleader &
  • Global Moderator
  • Royal
  • QNK Graphics Guru
    • Maximum Poker League
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
Boy, you would need a thread for each game!  There are different stradegies for different games.  I would suggest making a separate thread for each game to make it easier. 

My best game is NLH, Stud, and Razz.  My worse game is Omaha and one that I have been doing more homework on myself.  I would love some tips and stradegy on Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo. 
  GOOOOOOOO QUEENS!

Visit my blog @ http://www.gamblingthrills.com/

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:24:07 AM »
Boy, you would need a thread for each game!  There are different stradegies for different games.  I would suggest making a separate thread for each game to make it easier. 

My best game is NLH, Stud, and Razz.  My worse game is Omaha and one that I have been doing more homework on myself.  I would love some tips and stradegy on Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo. 

You're welcome to start new threads/topics if you want Shar.  If ya got tips to put in them, go ahead, if ya don't, ask others and I'm sure you'll get replies.  My best advice is patience, fold more than not, wait for the good hands.  NLH is my best also, I would say same order as all yours. Tho I just suck at Omaha, I really don't like to buy-in to any of those games cause of that.

Betty   

Offline puzzykat

• Royal Member
  • Quads
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »
i play them all.  badugi is my worst nightmare.  5 card draw i grew up on.  (taught my own kids how to play before they even started school.)  my favorite poker game is HORSE.  my weakest area is NL probably because  i spend to much time at the limit tables. :D

Offline bratman

• KINGS
  • High
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:19:44 AM »
Hi, When you first start playing, it's enough just to remember how to play and pay attention to your own hand. But once you've got that down, it's incredibly important to look at what's going on at the table. In Texas Hold'em, figure out what the best possible hand would be to fit the flop. Make sure you notice flush & straight possibilities. In 7-card stud, pay attention to what's showing & what people have folded when you consider calling opponents.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:42:25 AM by King Admin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal