Author Topic: Team Donk Play  (Read 3952 times)

Offline KjonsAngeL

• QUEENS
  • High
    • Worlds Best Poker League
Team Donk Play
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:07:20 PM »
Hi all,

I join Forums and Leagues to get into good games / tournaments. But its really ashame when your own team members play like donkeys.  And call your all in preflop with 6, 7 offsuit and suck out on you. 

And another thing, its so nice to see people come out of the wood work for the freerolls.  But why aren't you there for the buy ins also?
Betty, has buy ins and we have trouble getting 5 Queens to be there but the Freerolls over 25 or more.  Start showing your support in the buy ins also if your going to play the freerolls.

Do I sound pissed, yes I am sorry if I offended you in any way but someone has to say it.

KjonsAngeL
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:17:15 PM by KjonsAngeL »

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
Re: Team Donk Play
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:38:35 PM »
This post has been viewed 9 times so far and nobody replied, LOL, did ya scare them off Angel  :D :D  ;)
You go girl!!  You're right tho, I've had to have a King fill in before to get enough for the Queens buyins at times and have had a game cancelled, wouldn't see that happen in a freeroll tho.  I try to do my best and have a variety of freerolls and buyins with money added even.  The buyins do have less in it, but really it's a better well played game, you don't get the alliners and sitouts like you do in freerolls and with less in them, your chances of winning is better and the payouts are usually bigger and better. 

As far as team play, some don't understand how to play that way or the team thing just don't really matter to them, some don't pay attention to it either cause in several games or something.  I don't really see anything I can do about that tho, when it comes to team play I guess just try to pay close attention to who and how the others are playing and make a note on them so you'll know they don't play as a team player the next time.  Now I don't know what game this happened to you at, but in the qualifying games, the Queens or Kings will play for themselves to win a seat to the Finals, but in the Finals games is where the team play really matters and it would be nice to see the gender teams play as a team, after all that's what this forum is about.

Appreciate your thoughts and input!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:48:54 PM by Queen Admin »
Betty   

Offline Poker King

• Administrator
  • Quads
    • Freerolltourny
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 04:07:34 PM »
Who filled in and what place did that king come in?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm the Poker King, that's what King.  ;)
Betty   

Offline KjonsAngeL

• QUEENS
  • High
    • Worlds Best Poker League
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:28:30 AM »
Yes I remember that game where the king filled in lol.  He got 1st place and I took 2nd place in that one. LMAO I tried he was just too good.  I felt like I was playing against my husband and to me thats useless because he taught me everything I know about poker lol.

It was a very nice game though :)

Thanks for your understand response to me fuming last night Betty. I thought I would come on tonight and find myself in trouble. 

Thanks
Hugs
AngeL

Offline King Admin

• Lord Chief of Justice &
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:59:34 AM »
Oh my, Poker King, pretending to be a queen...cough, cough  6 7 os got to love them connectors, against what did you say you had. And team play. Must always have a grand stander. Bet it got a comment or 2. How far into the game was it, what was the chip difference. In the end some one has to go to final table and some one has to take the money. Hay is fairly high these days
Pokershare.com/href.g3?mi=46&ai=Ch437970_aff__3e85acee48204f0c889e4e5afa22fd9c]

Offline tinheads

• The Forum Jester
  • KINGS
  • Quads
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 03:58:37 AM »
Team play is good to a point but sometimes one of you has to take the dive if you want your team to succeed
and when it gets to a final table I think most are rightly looking out for themselves first and team second, after all we all play this game to try to make money
As for the Poker King winning a tournament, when did that happen? did he have a party to commemorate the occasion? has the ticker-tape parade passed by yet? will we ever be allowed to forget it or is it going to have an anniversary ever year lol
only kidding oh king, put that guillotine away

Offline witchywitchy

• Royal Member
  • QUEENS
  • Quads
    • Texaswheel
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:17:40 AM »

Tinheads, great to see you back.

The King neglected to say the Queens insisted he wear a dress, heels and pearls :)
WitchyWitchy

Offline Poker King

• Administrator
  • Quads
    • Freerolltourny
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »

The King neglected to say the Queens insisted he wear a dress, heels and pearls :)

All the queens asked me not to tell because I looked better than them.

I should have never placed in that game everyone should have tried to take me out before taken each other out.

Offline King Admin

• Lord Chief of Justice &
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »

Just wanted to say, online there was a notice that these items were miss from his wife's closet. Also I thought when folks were speaking of Buc, being a switch hitter, I thought they were referring baseball. Then I heard, there was no insisting, at all. He was already dressed for the occasion...cough, cough More like he was already dress up
Pokershare.com/href.g3?mi=46&ai=Ch437970_aff__3e85acee48204f0c889e4e5afa22fd9c]

Offline witchywitchy

• Royal Member
  • QUEENS
  • Quads
    • Texaswheel
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »

Buc already dressed up.... too funny ;D ;D
WitchyWitchy

Offline SharBear613

• QNK Cheerleader &
  • Global Moderator
  • Royal
  • QNK Graphics Guru
    • Maximum Poker League
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
I think Betty made a great point here.  When we are playing qualifying games then there is no team play.  It's everyone fighting to get in the top 5 for the seat to the finals.  There is no team play here. 

On the other hand, if this happened in a final game where it is Q vs K then there needs to be some obvious team playing in order for Queens to dominate over the Kings for the crown.  There is a great thread on team play that everyone should read!  If you are not willing to be a team player then why are you here? 

Just my two cents....
  GOOOOOOOO QUEENS!

Visit my blog @ http://www.gamblingthrills.com/

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »
Well thank you Shar!
Appreciate your two cents also!  Well said!  ;)
Betty   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal