Author Topic: COMMERCIALS that make u want to kill  (Read 1258 times)

Offline RedHotPoker

• Queen
  • Global Moderator
  • High
COMMERCIALS that make u want to kill
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:55:51 PM »
I've a bone to pick with those people who write these freakin' commercials!  They have to be totally wasted!

There is a new insurance commercial for Nationwide.  The woman starts out with:

SO!  YOU'VE CRASHED INTO A TREE!  You just take out your phone and hit the little ad to give us your information, location and the names of the other party involved.

EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!  First, if I run into a tree, chances are I'm not going to be using a phone any time soon.  And WHAT OTHER PARTY INVOLVED?  I'VE RUN INTO A DAMN TREE!  Who ARE these people?

Or how about BELLTONE HEARING AIDS?  Their commercial begins with:  HAVING TROUBLE HEARING IN PHONE CONVERSATIONS?  THEN GIVE US A CALL!  ???

What the hell??   :o If I'm having damn trouble hearing phone conversations, why the hell would I CALL you?  Oh dear me, that man is totally fried.

Are there any in particular that REALLLLLLLLLY rile you?  Well, just add it here
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 05:57:22 PM by RedHotPoker »
ReDHoTPoker

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
Re: COMMERCIALS that make u want to kill
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
I wouldn't say it would make me want to kill, but sure didn't like it.

It was a Burger King commercial for a kids meal and they used that "I like big butts" song for it, said "I like square butts" instead tho I think.  Had girls in short skirts shaking their butts around and at the end had a pimp looking dude sitting on a love seat with two scantly clothed females and he says, "booty is booty!!"

Now what the heck were they thinking to allow that for a KIDS MEAL ad.  >:( >:(

After a bit, during the daytime, they cut out the guy and girls with the "booty is booty" part at the end, still showed it late night tho.  Then shortly after they took the entire commercial off the air. 

That was real bad taste in advertisement there I think.
Betty   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal