Author Topic: Screen shots  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Poker King

• Administrator
  • Quads
    • Freerolltourny
Screen shots
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »
In Windows, you have two options. Press the Print Screen (or PrtScn) key on your keyboard to copy the entire screen to the clipboard. Press Alt-Print Screen to copy only the active window. Next you'll need to open an image editor (Microsoft Paint, which comes with Windows, is fine if you don't plan on doing any fancy editing), create a new file, and select Paste from the Edit menu.

You have more choices on a Macintosh. Pressing Command-Shift-3 creates a PICT file of the entire screen in the top directory of your boot drive. Press Command-Shift-4 to change the cursor to a cross, which you can click and drag to select an area of the screen to capture in a PICT file. The same combination with Caps Lock activated changes the cursor to a circle; click a window with the circle to create a PICT of that window. Adding the Control key to any of these combinations copies the screen image to the clipboard.

For X Window desktops such as GNOME and KDE, the command xwd -out filename.xwd lets you click a window to make an XWD image of it. Adding the -frame option will capture the entire window manager. The popular utility xv also does screen captures, and KDE comes with the utility ksnapshot.

Finally, if you plan to edit the screenshot before using it on your Web site or elsewhere, be sure to save it in a true image format. Don't make the screenshot endure GIF reduction or JPEG encoding twice.

Then if you want upload the image to a hosting company such as http://photobucket.com/ which is free.

Then to post the image in a forum surround the link with img codes like below.

Code: [Select]
[img]you files link[/img]

Offline tinheads

• The Forum Jester
  • KINGS
  • Quads
Re: Screen shots
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:28:46 AM »
It always helps to resize the screenshot down to message board size or smaller or they take up the whole screen

Offline puzzykat

• Royal Member
  • Quads
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:15:49 PM »
i have tried several times but all i'm getting is a screen shot of an empty page.  i have windows xp. ???

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »
Are you using Paint?  If so, click Edit from the top menu bar and the click Paste from the pulldown menu and it should bring up what you wanted a screenshot of.  Then you can click on the picture and hold the button down and drag the pic to where you want it.
Betty   

Offline HOTWHEELBOB

• KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »
wow   thanks alot betty
thats kewl   lol  8)
    :BOB:
"IF THOU ATTEMPTS TO BLUFF A BAD PLAYER , THOU BECOMES ONE"

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:15:51 PM »
You're welcome bob.  You can also crop the pic and get just a part of it if you want, just click on the top right icon on the icon menu on the left side of window, the icon looks like a dotted square.  Click on the corner of where you want the pic and drag to opposite corner of pic.  Right click on the pic and click Copy To on the menu.  Then save it.  You can also draw on the pic with some of the other icons and choose colors also.  If none of the icons are showing, go to the top menu and click View, then check the Tool Box and the Color Box to get them.  There's other things you can play around with in there too.

Have fun!  :)   
Betty   

Offline HOTWHEELBOB

• KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »
LOL THAT WAS KEWL THX AGAIN  8)
    :BOB:
"IF THOU ATTEMPTS TO BLUFF A BAD PLAYER , THOU BECOMES ONE"

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
You're very welcome again!  ;D
Betty   

Offline alby_00

• Royal Member
  • KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
Thank you so much. I can know get screenshot and attach them to posts.  This is a task that well to tell you the truth has been driving me nuts.  Every time someone would try to explain it they would leave out some critical step.. Once again TYVM. ;D

Offline Queen Admin

• Owner/Forum
  • Administrator
  • Royal
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
You're welcome alby!  :)
Betty   

Offline rgchan

• KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
I fimnd the screen shots sometimes are too small to read. You don,t suggest resizing using photobucket ?? Workeed for me great once,,, but i forget how i did it ??
Rob  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal