Author Topic: OMAHA Championship my Ass !!  (Read 2177 times)

Offline rgchan

• KINGS
  • Trips
OMAHA Championship my Ass !!
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:32:49 PM »
I never seen Worse Omaha8 play in my life. !! I don,t think these players know Sh*t about Omaha8. Raising 360 chips with 15-30 Blinds with a pair of 7,s and no good low or high,connectors or flush cards?? It was a total BINGO Donfest. But you don,t know who knows what there doing and who doesn,t ?? So i laid down so many winners to these DUMBASS pre-flop bets. Really disappointing. Not to have a good quality game.   

Offline SharBear613

• QNK Cheerleader &
  • Global Moderator
  • Royal
  • QNK Graphics Guru
    • Maximum Poker League
Re: OMAHA Championship my Ass !!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
Many, many players play Omaha like NLH - BAD MISTAKE!!  It is nothing like NLH!  A good starting hand for Omaha Hi/Lo should have a good low & high hand or a damn good double high hand (two pair for example).  You ultimate goal in Omaha hi/lo is to win both the high and low hands, not to settle on half the pot!  So many players just don't understand the strategy behind Omaha.  It's not an easy game to master, but not so hard that you can't learn the concept and key hands to play.  Even Aces are not always a strong hand in Omaha unless you have low cards with it. 

When I play Omaha with private forums I try to have patience because many players do not understand Omaha (and many will admit it).  If I want a serious game of Omaha, I'll hit a MTT on one of the poker sites. ;)
  GOOOOOOOO QUEENS!

Visit my blog @ http://www.gamblingthrills.com/

Offline rgchan

• KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
This was supposed to be a CHAMPIONSHIP.??  But from what i had already seen from the qualifying games I,m not surprised at the level of play. Sorry I was totally frustrated/steamed and disappointed with what i witnessed and posted immediately after the game.:( What i don,t understand is if they don,t know the game how can the bet 1/3 of their stack PRE-FLOP.
Your example was good. There is no TOP HAND like "AA" in Holdem in Omaha8. I hate Pre-flop bets because there is no guarantee. You can have Ace-2-3-4 for a low starting hand but no guarantee of a low flop so how can justify a 1/3 stack bet. Plus its only half the Pot and that can be Quartered. Also the smart move is you want as many CALLS as you can get with that hand as it builds up the pot. WHY scare them out. ??
One example I saw was 3 Players betting, raising with pairs. No low possibility. No connectors or flushs. I folded the only LOW and a low hit. I don,t want to risk 1/3 my Tournament stack on a flop even in a free roll. I think it was pairs of 9,s , Jacks and Aces. And Chumley ended up winning 6k in chips with his pair of dry ACES.
Now that is just SICK ,, very poor Omaha play. I guess Chumley knew these chumps as I didn,t. But more betting on the Turn and River and just ACES is very poor for Omaha8. It,s a total Donkey/Turkey shoot.
Like i said i folded so many Winners thinking these players had some clue as to what they were doing. That was my mistake. But if I,m 1 card off the NUT low and some-one bets ALL IN I tend to think they have me beat.
I guess i should have known better .... 

Offline SharBear613

• QNK Cheerleader &
  • Global Moderator
  • Royal
  • QNK Graphics Guru
    • Maximum Poker League
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »
You are absolutely right, betting 1/3 of your stack preflop on Omaha is not a good move at all, unless you have AA23 double suited (the strongest starting hand in Omaha hi/lo, I believe).  Even that hand can be squashed on the flop.  There are a few hands that are worth a raise preflop, but not many, in fact very few. 

I think one thing to remember RG is that this low buyins with private forums is a way for players to get their feet wet in a game they may not be strong in or still learning.  Many also play in order to support the forum and help with the numbers.  When playing these forum games I think patience has to come into play.  It won't take you long to figure out who the weak and donkey's are! ;) 
  GOOOOOOOO QUEENS!

Visit my blog @ http://www.gamblingthrills.com/

Offline tinheads

• The Forum Jester
  • KINGS
  • Quads
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »
as Shar can attest, i hate Omaha H/L (quite handy at it but hate it)
and RG's reason is exactly why.
If you play a ring game or a more expensive buy in you get some consistent play where the game comes into its own as a drawing game, any newbie should realise that there's no such thing as a made hand in Omaha, for example you could hold the AA23 double suited (that Shar mentioned) and whomp in half your chips to find the flop gives out 8,9,10 rainbow, your left with a pair of aces, 3 of a flush and someone with QJ kicking your butt.

So please people, look up some info on the game or read a book about it before you start throwing money at it

Offline rgchan

• KINGS
  • Trips
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
So sorry i was being Harsh.I was just so frustrated/tilting when i posted it.And i agree $2 to support your forum isn,t much so players with no idea how to play will play.We all had to learn the game somewhere.You could play for free money or a fast read of the game explained online.
The REAL point I was trying to make was I don,t understand how a player who doesn,t really have much experience playing the game can be so bold as to bet 1/3 of their starting stack preflop with a pair of 9,s ???
RG

Offline woohoo sue

• QUEENS
  • Quads
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:26:20 AM »
ok so Doyle holding up his 10 2 didnt empress u?   think about it ...if everyone had to have jacks or better in thier hand before the site allowed them a call or raise button .... would u actually find enjoyment in that?  this is a game of suits and straights and straight suits an d pairs and trips and houses .... it's a game of 4 suits of 13 cards where even the Royal flush needs a non face card. Throw in 10 people at a table and devide all those cards by them and you have an "anigma wrapped in a riddle shrouded in mystery"......you have poker!

the real mystery is Badugi!
"we don't serve women here...........you have to bring your own"  ..........I use to be a bartender

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal